Using Axiom 49 to control SL

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

supahd

Using Axiom 49 to control SL

Post by supahd »

I have a fairly simple setup with two loops running SL standalone. I have mapped REC/OVD/Pause and Reverse to softkeys on the axiom. It works fairly well but I've noticed some latency with the response of key presses. Is there anywhere I can modify timings on this? They do work but if I press pause then quickly press it again it doesn't register etc.

Thanks

Some more details.. I'm running the Axiom straight into my Macbook pro via USB.
supahd

Re: Using Axiom 49 to control SL

Post by supahd »

This forum needs a tumbleweed icon.
jesse

Post by jesse »

You're right, sorry!

Can you post the contents of your saved midi bindings (save from SL's midi bindings preferences tab)? Is it consistently lagging, or only for some bindings/operations? Are you using Midi Patchbay to connect? If you bind actual notes on the keyboard instead of the soft keys is it any better?
supahd

Post by supahd »

I will grab the contents of the file and post them tonight.

The controls that are mapped seem to all have an inherent lag and the reason I use the softkeys is that I use the regular keys to trigger/play virtual instruments ( I could try and see if there's a difference though)

And yes I'm using Midi Patchbay. (Jack/SL standalone and MidiPatchbay)

Thanks
jesse

Post by jesse »

Yes, please try to map the keys to see if there is a difference. I'm trying to determine whether the issue is with the soft-keys or the device itself, or something on the software end of things.
nik

Post by nik »

Hi,

I am using the Axiom 25, which is probably quiter the same thing internally.

Although I haven't used it too much yet, I think that I haven't experienced unusual latency with the pressure-pads.