SL and Sierra ?

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

Freasy

Re: SL and Sierra ?

Post by Freasy »

jkndrkn wrote:
jesse wrote:Interesting, check out comi's solution, hopefully that won't break anything else, but it should at least get you going. Sometimes the local hostname will change, and you'll have to do this again. Until I fix this properly in the software!
Hi Jesse, just wanted to update you and let you know that I finally got SL working and now use it as my default looper plugin in MainStage! Thanks so much for your help!
What did you do to get it to work? This might be intereseting for other people.
jkndrkn

Post by jkndrkn »

Freasy wrote:What did you do to get it to work? This might be intereseting for other people.
I added this line to my /etc/hosts file:

Code: Select all

#repairing sooperlooper
127.0.0.1 gamma.local
"gamma.local" is my hostname. To figure out hour hostname, type `hostname` in your terminal.
lazzarello

Post by lazzarello »

I had enabled the software firewall feature in Preferences => Security & Privacy => Firewall. This prevented slgui from communicating over UDP port 9951 to both localhost and the IP assigned to eth0. Disabling the firewall fixed the GUI.
teradoxy

Post by teradoxy »

I just installed SooperLooper on High Sierra and this thread has been helpful. Upon launch the GUI app would appear for a moment then throw a can't connect to SL server. Using comi's solution got me running, I ended up adding 127.0.0.1 north-fork.local to /etc/hosts. There are some "unsupported compressor" errors but they aren't show stoppers.

I'm posting the ./sooperlooper ./slgui and hostname outputs for reference:

[rota:...erLooper.app/Contents/MacOS]$ ./sooperlooper
SooperLooper 1.7.3
Copyright 2007 Jesse Chappell
OSC server URI (network) is: osc.udp://north-fork.local:9951/

[rota:...erLooper.app/Contents/MacOS]$ ./slgui -N
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
slgui: our URL is osc.udp://north-fork.local:19744/
Changing our url to be : osc.udp://localhost:19744/
slgui: remote looper is at osc.udp://north-fork.local:9951/ version=1.7.3   loopcount=1  id=1532391418
  but treating the engine URL as osc.udp://localhost:9951/
Stored settings into /Users/rota/.sooperlooper

[rota:~]$ hostname
North-Fork.local