No more than 5 stereo loops & Engine failure

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

electropiano

No more than 5 stereo loops & Engine failure

Post by electropiano »

Hello Jesse,

I love your looper!
This just happened after 2 months of working fine. SL (running in stand alone mode w/ Jack & Ableton Live) crashed while recording. I then tried to reload my session containing 6 stereo loops & it crashed again. When I try to rebuild the session from scratch, SL won't allow me to add more than 5 loops. I have reinstalled both Jack & SL. I notice that Jack routing mirrors the missing loops (it only shows 5 also) HELP!!
jesse

Re: No more than 5 stereo loops & Engine failure

Post by jesse »

What version of SL are you using? What version of JackOSX? What version of OS X? I just tried with SL 1.6.14, OS X v 10.5.8, and JackOSX 0.82 and can add more than 5 stereo loops without issue. Is there anything on your system that changed between when it worked and when it didn't?

Try opening up the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console) and see if it spits anything out when SL crashes.
electropiano

Re: No more than 5 stereo loops & Engine failure

Post by electropiano »

Jesse,

It was something in my OS......I reinstalled the OS w/ SL 1.6.14 & everything went back to normal---as I mentioned, everything had been fine for the 2 months prior to this. Thanks for replying.
electropiano