cant compile SL

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

mcskelle

cant compile SL

Post by mcskelle »

Everything looks fine when i do ./configure, but when i do "make" this happens:

ooperlooper-1.6.11/libs/pbd -I/home/thomas/Desktop/sooperlooper-1.6.11/libs/midi++ -MT midi_bind_panel.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/midi_bind_panel.Tpo" -c -o midi_bind_panel.o midi_bind_panel.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/midi_bind_panel.Tpo" ".deps/midi_bind_panel.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/midi_bind_panel.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
midi_bind_panel.cpp: In member function ‘void SooperLooperGui::MidiBindPanel::init()’:
midi_bind_panel.cpp:208: error: ‘class wxChoice’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:208: error: ‘wxWINDOW_VARIANT_SMALL’ was not declared in this scope
midi_bind_panel.cpp:212: error: ‘class wxStaticText’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:216: error: ‘class wxChoice’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:228: error: ‘class wxCheckBox’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:247: error: ‘class wxStaticText’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:252: error: ‘class wxSpinCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:256: error: ‘class wxChoice’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:270: error: ‘class wxSpinCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:274: error: ‘class wxButton’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:282: error: ‘class wxStaticText’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:286: error: ‘class wxTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:290: error: ‘class wxStaticText’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:294: error: ‘class wxTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:298: error: ‘class wxChoice’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:318: error: ‘class wxStaticText’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:322: error: ‘class wxTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:326: error: ‘class wxStaticText’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
midi_bind_panel.cpp:330: error: ‘class wxTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetWindowVariant’
make[3]: *** [midi_bind_panel.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/thomas/Desktop/sooperlooper-1.6.11/src/gui'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/thomas/Desktop/sooperlooper-1.6.11/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/thomas/Desktop/sooperlooper-1.6.11'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?
jesse

Re: cant compile SL

Post by jesse »

You may need to upgrade your wxGTK version. What version do you have?
mcskelle

Post by mcskelle »

I have the latest (2.8.9) from sorgeforge.

Im running 64studio 2.1 and it didn't seem to have the needed components to start with, so i just installed wxGTK from here: http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/
Maybe that dosn't include the dev-files?
jesse

Post by jesse »

If you compiled 2.8.9 yourself and installed it, it should have all the dev stuff necessary. Is it possible that you had an older version installed already and it is still picking that up? Check to see if /usr/bin/wx-config exists, try running it with 'wx-config --version', if that isn't there, try looking in /usr/local/bin/ for a wx-config (it might have a version in the name) and running it with --version.

You'll want to remove the old one (it may be a package in the distro which you can uninstall).
mcskelle

Post by mcskelle »

Got it now!

the 64studio comes with somehow old but very stable software. It had, as you were guessing, some old version of wxtoolkit installed.
I removed it all with the package-manager, around 10 packages, and rebuild and installed the newsest wxgtk.
Now everything flies!

Sooperduber jesse - thanks!
Thumbs up for your project.

Feature request:
Like in Mobiuse, i think you should have multible loop layers in each loop in sooperlooper.
Like an exstra dimension to the current model.
Tools to make and execute "songs". You know, going a,b,chorus on all the loops...