[FIXED] Loading loops with audio problem

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

Post Reply
kokoko3k
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

[FIXED] Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kokoko3k »

It happened several times; when i load a previous session some controls are missing.
Eg. a stereo loop could miss the pan sliders or volume slider; other times it happens that it start as "not connected"; but if i issue an undo, then redo, then the loop plays.
reloading the very same session could fix some controls, but may break others, it happens totally random, or at least it seems so.
On another machine i've no such problem, and I've already tried to delete ~/.sooperlooper

I'm using the very latest git version on both machines; any hint on what could cause the problem?
Last edited by kokoko3k on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

kasbah
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kasbah »

Is this for sessions with more than 4 loops?

Could you try 1.6.18 as well as latest git and report on the difference?

kokoko3k
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

Re: Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kokoko3k »

1.6.18 keep asking me to open a remote session on my host. and does this even if i start slgui from terminal "slgui -H slimer" (slimer is my hostname); this happens on both the machines, so i cannot test.
However i was wrong, i can reproduce the problem on both machines, the loop count is just 4. see:
slgui.png
slgui.png (157.5 KiB) Viewed 21839 times
slgu2i.png
slgu2i.png (189.91 KiB) Viewed 21839 times
i've uploaded a session here:
http://wpage.unina.it/aorefice/sharevar ... rlooper.7z
probably you need to edit it to correct wav files path

kasbah
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kasbah »

Does the "not connected" actually have any effect? What happens when you just press trig on a loop that says it's not connected?

kokoko3k
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

Re: Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kokoko3k »

It starts and works, my first issue is with missing controls.

kasbah
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kasbah »

OK, I was able to reproduce this and have made a fix in git. Let me know how that works for you. Loading a lot of loops at once may result in a long loading time for the GUI now but it should get all the controls at least.

Thanks for the detailed report.

kokoko3k
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

Re: Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kokoko3k »

it seems to work fine now, thank you!

kasbah
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: [FIXED] Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kasbah »

I made some further adjustments so if you could confirm I haven't broken anything for you by doing that it would be a great help.

kokoko3k
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

Re: [FIXED] Loading loops with audio problem

Post by kokoko3k »

Well, it does work 90% of the times, in the other 10% of cases, reloading the same file fixes the issue.
Definitely better than before, and acceptable.
I don't think there are regressions.

Sorry for the late reply!

Post Reply