errors building sooperlooper 1.6.13/14 on ubuntu 10.10 32bit

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

aleclofabbro

errors building sooperlooper 1.6.13/14 on ubuntu 10.10 32bit

Post by aleclofabbro »

Hello,
Solved all dependencies and did autogen and configure with right variables ..
when making, both milestones stop with errrors ..

on 1.6.14:

Code: Select all

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I/usr/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include/ -I/usr/local/include/sigc++-2.0/  -D_REENTRANT -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -mfpmath=sse -pipe -Wall -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14/libs/pbd -I/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14/libs/midi++ -I/usr/include/libxml2   /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/sigc++-2.0.pc -MT pathscanner.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/pathscanner.Tpo" -c -o pathscanner.o pathscanner.cc; \
	then mv -f ".deps/pathscanner.Tpo" ".deps/pathscanner.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/pathscanner.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from ./pbd/error.h:23,
                 from pathscanner.cc:27:
./pbd/transmitter.h:33: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:33: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘Object’
./pbd/transmitter.h:35: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘{’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:35: warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
./pbd/transmitter.h:36: error: expected primary-expression before ‘public’
./pbd/transmitter.h:36: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘public’
./pbd/transmitter.h:36: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘public’
./pbd/transmitter.h:45: error: aggregate ‘Transmitter Channel’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined
./pbd/transmitter.h:47: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:47: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:53: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘protected’
./pbd/transmitter.h:55: error: ‘friend’ used outside of class
./pbd/transmitter.h:57: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘private’
./pbd/transmitter.h:59: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:59: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:61: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:61: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:62: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:62: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:63: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:63: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:64: error: ‘SigC’ has not been declared
./pbd/transmitter.h:64: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘<’ token
./pbd/transmitter.h:65: error: expected declaration before ‘}’ token
make[5]: *** [pathscanner.o] Errore 1
make[5]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14/libs/pbd»
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Errore 1
make[4]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14/libs/pbd»
make[3]: *** [all] Errore 2
make[3]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14/libs/pbd»
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Errore 1
make[2]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14/libs»
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Errore 1
make[1]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.14»
make: *** [all] Errore 2
on 1.6.13:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -D_REENTRANT -O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -mfpmath=sse  -pipe -Wall -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13/libs/pbd -I/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13/libs/midi++ -I/usr/include/libxml2   /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/sigc++-2.0.pc -MT basename.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/basename.Tpo -c -o basename.o basename.cc
basename.cc: In function ‘char* PBD::basename(const char*)’:
basename.cc:11: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’
make[5]: *** [basename.o] Errore 1
make[5]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13/libs/pbd»
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Errore 1
make[4]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13/libs/pbd»
make[3]: *** [all] Errore 2
make[3]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13/libs/pbd»
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Errore 1
make[2]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13/libs»
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Errore 1
make[1]: uscita dalla directory «/home/aleclofabbro/Scaricati/sooperlooper-1.6.13»
make: *** [all] Errore 2
thank you very much for any advice ..
Alec
jesse

Re: errors building sooperlooper 1.6.13/14 on ubuntu 10.10 32bit

Post by jesse »

Hmm, did you make sure have sigc++-1.2 installed? It is a very old version. I need to update the code to support the current version.

The other error, try removing the 'const' from the beginning of libs/pbd/basename.cc line 9.

Let me know...
aleclofabbro

Post by aleclofabbro »

Hi Jesse,
Thanks for your fast reply, & pardon me for my late .. i couldn't dig into it last days..
ok, i'm focusing on the latest version now.. yes with th libsig1.2 the making went a little bit further and stopped a couple of times and i found out here http://sonosaurus.com/slforum/viewtopic ... 2729#p1781 that i had to install rubberband and samplerate libs ...
but stopped again on another

looper.cpp:36:21: error: sndfile.h: No such file or directory
tryed installing many libs that seemed to be the right ones to me (Libsoundtouch,Libsoundtouch-ocaml,sndfile-tools,libsdl-sound1.2,snd,libsndobj-dev) but no sndfile.h found..
is there a library i'm missing? ( and do you think i should keep those i've installed?)
BTW, im on ubuntu 10.04 not 10.10 but i think it's not the deal..
thanks,
Alec
jesse

Post by jesse »

That would be libsndfile (libsndfile1 is the package name, I think).

But here's a question for you, Ubuntu Lucid, Maverick, and Natty all have 1.6.14 SooperLooper packages as available out of the box.....

The only reason you'd need to build it yourself is if you wanted the bleeding edge unreleased stuff (of which there isn't much).
aleclofabbro

Post by aleclofabbro »

Hi Jesse!
that's right !
I realized yesterday, after i wrote the post, that i had the sooperlooper available for my distro.. well i actually knew it before , but i read a wrong version on it, the 1.0.something :oops: ..
but anyway, we digged so much on it so i've continued trying building it, and ok! libsndfile was ok for going on, then stopped again asking for a jack.h and i found it installing a couple of other packges (libjack-dev,libbjack-ocaml-dev)..
and compiling succesful ... i have to say a lot of warnings .. (in particular tons of warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’)
but ok...
well thank you very much.. it has been a good training anyway, (i moved to Linux 2 months ago and definitely quit with Win & co.. and i'm trying to spread this culture)..
.. as i told you i found out last night of the Lucid bynary, so I began play with it..
it's quite complicate to understand how to begin working on it..
i found that sooperlooper is a jack server, yes? and slgui the GUI..
many times i couldn't make slgui working unless starting sooperlooper from shell before.. but sometimes didn't work as well.. also, how to use the qjackctl as server? maybe putting a -S on slgui? & more..
please give me some guidelines to start understanding the framework and workflow...
thank you Jesse..
Alec
aleclofabbro

Post by aleclofabbro »

Ok, wait i didn't dig enough on the docs.. (http://sonosaurus.com/sooperlooper/doc_start.html)
so i won't bother you with explanation requests before i read it veeeery well .. ;)
thanks!
Alec