SooperLooper v1.6.14 click in sync'ed loops...

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

baking666

SooperLooper v1.6.14 click in sync'ed loops...

Post by baking666 »

I've found that when I sync loops the first loop works fine....but loops sync'ed with it have a 'click' or 'pop' at the loop point :-(

Also when I make connections to sooperlooper loops via qjackctl connections, I'll get a nasty 'crack', 'pop', 'click' or the like, everytime I make a connection....no xruns just noise at connection??
baking666

Re: SooperLooper v1.6.14 click in sync'ed loops...

Post by baking666 »

...adding to my first post.

the problem is when i press record to stop recording loop it 'clicks' so therefore adds that to loop :-(
baking666

Post by baking666 »

Ok I've further discovered...that I'll get added noise in my loops when i press the record button to stop recording a loop so that then becomes the beginning of the loop. So if i were to record a loop with just one continuous note for 5 seconds, the created loop would have a click from the action of stopping the loop recording :-( So every five seconds I'd get a click in the loop...instead of the sound of one note repeating every five seconds...not good :-(
jesse

Post by jesse »

Check the value of your xfade parameter. Normally loops ends are always crossfaded with the beginning on loop completion to avoid exactly that. If that isn't it, attach a saved SL session (no audio) here... thanks.
baking666

Post by baking666 »

xfade parameter? Were do i find this :-)

After more playing around...it's just a problem with continuous sounds...if I record a loop with a sequence of notes as would be the common use...it works good.

I've attached .slsess file
Attachments
singlenote.tar.gz
tarball of .slsess file to configure single note loop
(786 Bytes) Downloaded 1489 times