Version 1.6.13 released - oops

Release announcements and other news

Moderator: jesse

jesse

Version 1.6.13 released - oops

Post by jesse »

Well folks the 1.6.12 was short-lived as the newest version, as it had a fatal bug regarding MIDI input in the AudioUnit version. Although the issue only affected the AU plugin, I incremented the version number for everything anyway. Sorry about that.

http://essej.net/sooperlooper/download.html

Here are the changes since 1.6.11 (posted before as 1.6.12)

Fixes:
  • removed debug printout that was causing CPU over-usage
  • fixed behavior when loading sessions, loops start paused, and empty loops remain empty
  • attempt to further ensure that the loops really pause on midi stop reception
  • fixed issue in AU plugin where no audio was being output even though it looked like it should have been. This occurred in some hosts when the input to the plugin was silent.
New features:
  • Added option to send MIDI start event on a loop trigger (for the sync source loop). See the Preferences-> Misc tab. Also note that turning on MIDI clock output control has moved there too.
  • Added keyboard bindings for missing commands (including next/prev loop selection)
  • Added record_or_overdub command. This command will act like 'record' when there is no loop (eg, at the beginning or after an undo_all), otherwise it will act like 'overdub'.
  • Added control for allowing replace/subs to ignore quantize setting. Similar to the same option for overdub, it is called replace_quantized and is in the GUI at the top as 'repl quant'. When quantize is set and 'repl quant' is enabled, it acts as it always has. But if 'repl quant' is disabled, replace and substitute commands will never be quantized.
  • Added ability to launch/load SL session files from the Mac OS X Finder by double-clicking, or dragging onto dock icon.
aspersemusic

Re: Version 1.6.13 released - oops

Post by aspersemusic »

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!
jesse

Post by jesse »

The source code originally released would not compile on Linux systems. It has been fixed and updated in a new tar.gz file. Please go to the download page http://essej.net/sooperlooper/download.html and get the new version if you intend to compile the source code.

Sorry about that.
jeremy tranter

Re: Version 1.6.13 released - 10.3.9

Post by jeremy tranter »

Thanks for new features. Option to have unquantized substitute very useful. Also happy to report this version is running on my G4 933 under 10.3.9 JACK standalone version with four mono loops.

Regards

Jeremy Tranter
aspersemusic

Post by aspersemusic »

The record/overdub button is an awesome idea, but the key bind does not seem to work for me.

Anything I can try? Anyone else try it?

It will be nice to use one button for record/overdub... in theory. cause instead of record and overdub buttons i will have rec/overdub and replace buttons... seems like a good way to go.

thanks as always. have a show soon so any help would be great.
jesse

Post by jesse »

aspersemusic wrote:The record/overdub button is an awesome idea, but the key bind does not seem to work for me.
Can you give more details as to exactly what you tried to set up? Are you talking about keyboard bindings, or MIDI bindings?

If keyboard bindings, just go to the Preferences,Key Bindings page, go down to record_or_overdub and double click on it, hit the key you want and you should be good to go.

For a MIDI binding you have to go the preferences, MIDI bindings, select [cmd] record_or_overdub from the dropdown, set the loop # (or selected, or all) then enter your midi event or click the learn button and send it. Then hit the Add New.

Both types work fine for me here. If you've tried both of the above and still nothing, give me some more details.
FearlessFreep

Post by FearlessFreep »

For a MIDI binding you have to go the preferences, MIDI bindings, select [cmd] record_or_overdub from the dropdown, set the loop # (or selected, or all) then enter your midi event or click the learn button and send it. Then hit the Add New.

That works fine. The problem is that I get no response then when I hit the MIDI trigger I've slected

For example, I'm using a MIDIBUDDY control that just sends PC messages so I use the "Learn" and "Add New" or "Modify" commands. When I do this for [cmd] record I end up with ch1-pc- 35 as my MIDI event and then I can trigger the record from my controller. if I remove that binding and instead use [cmd] record_or_overdub, I still get the same event of ch1-pc-35, but when I hit my controller, it does not start the record process
FearlessFreep

Post by FearlessFreep »

This issue was *also* solved for me by deleting the SooperLooper.app and reinstalling it and being sure to put the AU component into ~/Library/Audio/...

I'm not quite sure which step was needed but I rather suspect it was the Au component install that sorted out my issues