Dont completely understand multiply

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

enjolis

Dont completely understand multiply

Post by enjolis »

Generally I use multiply in real time but can multiply be used in a similar fashion to the Electrix Repeater where you push the button and the loop is doubled? The documentation kind of implies that it can but I have not been able to figure out how to do that or something similar. Oooh that would be great if it could. Thanks Jesse.
jesse

Re: Dont completely understand multiply

Post by jesse »

Yes, you can do a special multi- multiply trick to make it automatically stop multiplying at the number of cycles you want.

Think of it this way: to make a loop multiply for a certain count of cycles, you will hit multiply 1+that many times quickly. For instance if you have a 4 second initial loop (the loop is one cycle), if you hit Multiply-Multiply-Multiply in fast succession, it will automatically stop the multiply operation when the loop is 2 cycles long (8 secs in this case). If you want more, just hit multiply more times. You will see the GUI switch back after the second one, but if you follow quickly with the 3rd, that's when the trick begins and all further multiply hits will just increment the total number of cycles to end up with.

Hope that helps.
enjolis

Re: Dont completely understand multiply

Post by enjolis »

Hallelujah! It works just as usefully as the Repeater! All this time I had quantize set to loop. For a year now I've been going through a whole rigamarole thinking I had to multiply my loops in real time. There is still a slight click between the new cycles but nothing really to complain about.

Jesse, I really appreciate the time you take with your customers. I can't even begin to fathom the amount of time you must put into creating these products. You give me hope in technology.