Recording Quality

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

gregsinibaldi

Recording Quality

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Hi all,

Are there recording quality settings in SooperLooper? I'm having an issue where SooperLooper's capture of whatever I record into it is of a different sonic character. Heres a link to an audio file to show what I mean...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LvDSpv ... sp=sharing

You'll hear my original signal in the first half of the file then the same thing being played back by SooperLooper. Are there settings somewhere that will give me a cleaner picture of what I'm recording into SooperLooper?

Thanks for any advice!

Greg
jesse

Re: Recording Quality

Post by jesse »

Greg, it just sounds like you have a stereo input, but used a mono loop instance. Be sure to create a stereo loop instance (you may need to delete the existing one first, then create new stereo looper(s) from the main menu). You can set in the SL prefs what the default number of channels you want for new instances.

Hope that helps!
gregsinibaldi

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Thanks Jesse.

I think you may have been right but I'm still having an issue. I set up a stereo loop (actually 4) then send the output to a Reaper channel. But when I record it into Reaper I only get one channel. My jackRouter settings are as follows

SooperLooper
Common Out 1 --> Reaper in 5
Common Out 2 --> Reaper in 6

I tried setting the JackRouter settings to send each individual SL track to is own reaper track as well (loop_01 --> Reaper in 5, etc) but got the same result. I have my Reaper track set as a stereo channel with inputs coming from inputs 5 and 6.

Not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks for the help!
jesse

Post by jesse »

Have you considered using the AU plugin version of SooperLooper directly in Reaper? That might work a lot better for you....
gregsinibaldi

Post by gregsinibaldi »

I use SL as a live tool, so havent tried the AU plugin yet. But I suppose I could switch it up for recording purposes right?