record_or_overdub commands dont work 1st time pressed

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

arvidtp

record_or_overdub commands dont work 1st time pressed

Post by arvidtp »

Hi - I love sooperlooper so far - Thank you!

I was really happy when I discovered the record_or_overdub* commands because I was trying to do that via OSC myself by first asking the channel how long the loop was and sending /sl/-3/hit record if it was 0 or /sl/-3/hit overdub if it was > 0 (BTW would this add noticeable lag time for a record start?)

But - when I am trying to control the SL AU plugin in mainstage I have noticed is that record_or_overdub commands (except the next and prev variants) dont seem to work 1st time pressed - instead you have to press once, then wait and press again to make them record or overdub. This seems to be the case when using either OSC and MIDI to trigger the command.

My current workaround to get rid of this behavior is by sending /sl/-1/hit record_or_overdub before I start using SL. But this is dangerous, because if I have already started a piece, it will actually start some of the loops recording/overdubbing AND does not apply to loops newly created on the fly.

Is this a bug? If not, is there a way around it?

And another thing while I'm at it, it appears that /set select_next_loop does not work over OSC - I've also tried adding values like /set select_next_loop 1 and /set select_next_loop 73, to no avail. The command works fine via MIDI, and I can use /set selected_loop_num x over OSC just fine.
polimorfos

Re: record_or_overdub commands dont work 1st time pressed

Post by polimorfos »

arvidtp wrote:But - when I am trying to control the SL AU plugin in mainstage I have noticed is that record_or_overdub commands (except the next and prev variants) dont seem to work 1st time pressed - instead you have to press once, then wait and press again to make them record or overdub. This seems to be the case when using either OSC and MIDI to trigger the command.
Same problem here! Jesse - have you experienced this?
alasdairc

Post by alasdairc »

I've noticed this too, figured it must be a bug?

EDIT: I'm running latest stable (v1.6.18)
josh

Post by josh »

Ditto. Definitely broken!
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

I am going to set up an OSX machine so I can easier reproduce and debug stuff like this.
sarnold

Post by sarnold »

Jep, I have the same problem on Debian Linux running the latest Version. I'm running the engine from command line without slgui.

The binding in the MIDI config .slb looks like this:

Code: Select all

11 n 43  note record_or_overdub 0  0 1  norm 0 127
All the best,
Seb
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

Would you be able to compile the development version to see if it is fixed?
https://github.com/essej/sooperlooper