Mainstage and sooperlooper

Using SL inside Apple's MainStage

Moderator: jesse

JAZZER

Mainstage and sooperlooper

Post by JAZZER »

Hi,

I am quite new to sooperlooper and mainstage too.

I tried to let them work toghether with Jackosx and it works fine, but I would like to simplify my setup using Sooperlooper within Mainstage.

Is ther anyone already did it?

How should I configure it (any example for newbie?)

Thanks,

Jazzer
sam_square

Re: Mainstage and sooperlooper

Post by sam_square »

I will be posting a screencast on this topic soon, I'll let you know. Got it working today!

I created an aggregate device (since the manual said to for an intel mac)
Set MS to use the JackRouter driver
Went into the jack routing and MainStage should be showing - set that to output to the SooperLoopers inputs.

Presto - very simple!

I didn't bother with the jack insert plugin.
jesse

Post by jesse »

The other alternative is to not use JACK at all, and use the AudioUnit plugin version of SL within mainstage directly. You can access all the parameters from within mainstage to set up a control surface. I don't have personal experience with it (nor do I have mainstage) but there are several users who have gotten it working this way. Do a search for mainstage from the sooperlooper mailing list archives, and the Looper's Delight mailing list for details.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... oper-users
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/wilma/LDarchive
sam_square

Post by sam_square »

I got it to work this way - jack wasn't working with 128 latency settings. Every once in a while MS will start freezing up and saying there is a conflict with a third part audio or midi driver. A reboot will normally fix it - but I'd rather not reboot during a show.