Sooperlooper newbie struggling to get started!

Using SL inside Apple's Logic

Moderator: jesse

danh

Sooperlooper newbie struggling to get started!

Post by danh »

Hey,

So i've happily downloaded and installed sooperlooper, including the AU component. Hugely impressed by the featureset!

However, when i load the AU with logic I'm having some difficulties.

1)Where should i put the plugin, on an individual track, on a bus, or on the main outputs? I'm looking to use this as a live instrument so everything would be passing through it.

2)When I put it on the main outputs, I can record audio to a loop. But, I'm not able to hear the audio while i'm playing it, its only audible once the loop is complete and begins to repeat. Any ideas?

Any help very gratefully recieved, big thank you to the developers, can't believe this is out here for free!

Thanks
D
Coop4Music

Re: Sooperlooper newbie struggling to get started!

Post by Coop4Music »

I would try it on an instrument or aux track, with your sound source (guitar/synth/etc) routed to it w/ a buss. Then you should be able to hear yourself playing, then as the loop is done, you'll hear that too.

-C4M
markm

Post by markm »

Here's my setup:

SL is set up on an instrument track as a midi-controlled effect. I set it up to sidechain bus 4. Any tracks that I want to send to SL, I send to bus 4.
I control SL with an FCB 1010 foot controller. This works well for me.

I'm not as expert as some on this list, but I'm glad to help if you have any questions.

Mark
loopstudio

Post by loopstudio »

Hello - I'm having trouble getting this to work. I've gotten over several humps so far (I'm new to downloading plugins)...
So I've downloaded Jack OSX and the newest version of SL. When I put SL on a track, there is no output - i can see that it's getting input because the plug is responding to something but no sound
loopstudio

Post by loopstudio »

Okay I see there's another topic about this...