impossible to get to next track

Using SL inside Apple's Logic

Moderator: jesse

dosis

impossible to get to next track

Post by dosis »

Hi,

I'm new to SL but I've seen a few tutorials so I know how to do stuff it's just my setup giving me problems.

I had a few MIDI bindings mapped and it's the next and previous track that is causing problems. I've tried assigning them to nanopad2 pads and mpk mini pads but if I press a pad once it skips a few tracks instead of just going to the next one. I try pressing the pad lightly and holding it down. Both sets of pads aren't the most responsive in the world but not once have I managed to only skip to the next track and I've been trying for a while.

I've also tried using the caps lock keyboard set up in the same way but it's greyed out even when I click on it.

Many thanks for any help in advance!
kasbah

Re: impossible to get to next track

Post by kasbah »

This is most likely because SL's binding will default to "Note" message setting. This means they will respond to both "Note On" and "Note Off" messages. The NanoPad and MPK will most likley send NoteOn and NoteOff in quick sucession so what you want to do is change the binding setting to "Note On" only. You can find this settings in the "MIDI Event" panel in the MIDI Bindings preferences.
I've also tried using the caps lock keyboard set up in the same way but it's greyed out even when I click on it.
I am not sure what you are referring to here at all. If you could explain further that would be great.
dosis

Re: impossible to get to next track

Post by dosis »

Thanks a lot for your help! It's sorted now.